Happy MFG DAY 2017!!
Manufacturing Day is an annual celebration of modern manufacturing during which manufacturers invite their communities — including students, educators, businesspeople, media, and politicians — to their facilities in a collective effort to educate visitors about manufacturing career opportunities and improve public perceptions of manufacturing. Started in 2012, MFG DAY has seen participation grow dramatically over the years.
THE MANUFACTURING DAY MISSION
Manufacturing Day addresses common misperceptions about manufacturing by giving manufacturers an opportunity to open their doors and show, in a coordinated effort, what manufacturing is — and what it isn’t.
Manufacturing enables our everyday lives, drives our economy, and offers many different rewarding careers:
- Manufacturing supports more than 18.5 million U.S. jobs
- $1.00 spent in manufacturing creates $1.40 for the U.S. economy
- U.S. Manufacturing is the 9th largest economy in the world
- Nearly $60K is the annual average salary for entry-level manufacturing engineers
- More than $77K is the annual average salary of manufacturing workers in the U.S.
The manufacturing community is a diverse, far-reaching group of passionate people, one in which Control Instruments is proud to be a part of
Find an event near you!