Time & energy are spent learning about safety through various trainings and educational forums, it’s important to actually apply that knowledge to the everyday workings of your application. Consider the unique needs of your workplace and find what best supports your safety goals.
Here are some questions to help get you started:
- Is the detection system considered an analyzer (for process) or a sensor (for leak detection/area)?
- Does the system meet the requirements of the necessary approval agencies for your particular application?
- What are your process conditions? Does the device remain accurate under the expected temperature, pressure,
and humidity ranges?
- Is it an indoor or outdoor environment you are looking to monitor?
- What do you want the system to do?
- Is there a means to test and verify proper operation of the system?
- Is the necessary training on the system in place, to ensure workplace safety and maintenance?
- Are there analytics available to predict trends for process improvement and energy savings?
- If you currently have a system in place, does it meet the requirements of current regulations, standards or codes?